Thursday, October 9, 2008

Special Needs Barbie

Life’s all about loss and gain
Road trip down memory lane

Do you remember your first Barbie?
Long blonde hair and oh so pretty?
Did you cut off her golden tresses?
Dress her up in pretty dresses?
Did she have a pink Cabriolet?
A horse, a castle and Ken over to play?

I saved for months to buy one of my own
I washed the car and did chores all over our home
Then piggy bank in hand Dad and I
Went to the toy store my Barbie to buy
A few months later my puppy arrived
And then my beautiful Barbie survived
A brutal attack on her pretty little face

An amputee Barbie, she lost no grace
I loved her still with all my heart
Of my childhood imaginings an integral part
I don’t care if her boobs are far too large
She always struck me as a chick who takes charge

Now my small girl has a Barbie of her own
A fairy princess on a rainbow throne
There’s something magic in her eyes
When she spreads her wings and starts to fly

No comments:

Post a Comment