Friday, September 19, 2008

Three legged race

Tightly wound

Need to unwind

Not my fate

As I now find...


Small boy aged six

Must be at school

So early I deem it to be cruel

And unusual punishment


I hated sports day in my time

Jolly hockey stocks etc.

Beaten down in my youthful prime

I ran the three-legged race

With the tallest girl who ever graced

The playing field

Bear in mind that I was 3 foot three

I barely came up to her knee

We never made it past the start

Or get the bloody knots apart


The saga is not yet complete

While watching older son compete

Younger son must get in the saddle

I think I’m up the creek without a paddle


Once reunited we must race

To their father’s work family day

On Sunday there’s another party

At which I must be hale and hearty


I shall have to don my uber woman mask

And embrace my ability to multi-task

No comments:

Post a Comment